Install New Windows With Zen Windows in Alamo Heights, Texas
Zen Windows is the favorite window installation company in Alamo Heights, Texas with a robust selection of energy-saving windows to suit any style and the service to make replacing windows an enjoyable experience rather than a hassle. Residential window installation services are an important investment in terms of the comfort and value of your home. Still, it’s essential to know all the details and upgrades available to ensure you get the most from your ROI.
Every part of a window should work in your favor. The glass panes and the material around it and how a window is put together play an important part in their performance throughout the years. We’ll go over those details with you and encourage you to work with Zen Windows as the window installation company in Alamo Heights, Texas that gives homeowners the most value.
Will Installing New Windows Boost Your Property Value?
A new window installation has one of the highest returns on investment of any home improvement project. Homeowners in Alamo Heights, Texas recoup as much as 70-85% of what they spend to get their windows installed when they resell their homes. That means if you spend $1,000 on your residential window installation project, the real estate value can rise to $850. But you get extra value when you consider the energy savings.
Energy efficiency is a top priority for homeowners today, and buyers are willing to spend more if you install new windows that provide it. Modern, energy-efficient windows allow you to regulate regulate inside temperature by closing off the interior of your home from the outside weather. A durable seal will reduce the need to run heating and cooling systems, substantially lowering your monthly energy bills and ultimately allowing the window installation to pay for itself in the long run.
What Makes Windows Energy-Efficient?
All homeowners in Alamo Heights, Texas should take an interest in boosting their energy efficiency. The advantages include increasing your property value, lowering your monthly energy bills, reducing stress and wear on your HVAC system, and improving your family’s comfortability. With a window installation company like Zen Windows in Alamo Heights, Texas, you’ll also be get to beautify your home with our many energy-efficient windows styles.
A few basic factors make an energy-efficient window: the kind of window (single-hung, double-hung, etc.), the material it’s constructed from, and the glass panes. It’s also essential to have a qualified window installation company handle putting them into your home, as a secure fit is needed to make the right seal. Zen Windows in Alamo Heights, Texas gives you the ability to customize your windows with different kinds of glass panes for the energy efficiency of your home:
- Double-pane glass offers twice the insulation of traditional single-pane windows. Double-pane windows create a gap between the glass panes that increases energy efficiency.
- Triple-pane glass goes one step further than double-page windows. With two pockets of air, heat transfer is slowed exponentially between the outside and indoor of your home. With triple-pane windows, you’ll see substantial differences in hot or colder months.
- The gaps between double-pane or triple-pane windows can be filled with krypton or argon gas. The thickness of these gasses diminishes heat transfer better than air alone.
- Low-E glass coatings are an excellent feature for improving your window's energy efficiency and getting the most value from your installation. Glass with Low-E coating blocks harsh sun rays and heat, maintaining your indoor spaces cooler without relying so much on your HVAC system. It's also effective the other way around depending on how you apply the coating, so your home stays warm by stopping the heat from escaping.
- Warm-edge spacers are used in energy-saving windows in place of metal in the frames. Metal loses heat too easily to be energy efficient.
- Double-strength glass has a thickness of 3.2 mm compared to the standard 2.5 mm. Thicker glass is not much more expensive and offers better insulation and durability.
Window Styles and Materials
The most common materials used to create windows today include:
Vinyl has become very popular in recent years to take hold of a share of the market equal to that of wood-frame windows. Zen Windows in Alamo Heights, Texas encourages homeowners to install new windows made from vinyl because they are superior to wood and aluminum in energy efficiency and a much better value overall.
Vinyl windows have extra durability and a lifespan similar to wood, which last 15-20 years or longer. Unlike wood, vinyl won't contract, decay, or warp as much due to the weather. The durability and minimal upkeep of vinyl enhance its energy efficiency. Although vinyl won't last as long as aluminum (30+ years), aluminum loses heat quickly and has less energy efficiency. Only fiberglass will outperform vinyl windows, but it's not enough to account for its inflated price tag (typically 30%+ more expensive).
Another factor to consider is the style of the window frame. Zen Windows in Alamo Heights, Texas has a wide inventory of window designs to choose from, such as:
- Single Hung
- Double Hung
Different styles will offer unique aesthetics to your home. Each operates differently for your needs and will provide varying amounts of energy efficiency. For example, casement windows open like a door, maximizing ventilation to air out a room much faster than the single-hung kind.
Contact Us for Residential Window Installations
If you’re in the market for residential windows, allow our professional installers to manage the project. Just get in touch with us online and we’ll get back to you right away to go over the project details. We’re familiar with all sorts of windows and the advantages they each provide. If you’re ready to begin, we’ll go to your home to take accurate measurements and get the installation underway. The products we carry are available at different prices for our customers in Alamo Heights, Texas. Enjoy the window-buying process and talk to us about the project you want and have all your questions answered before making your final decision. You can also call your local Zen Windows to ask for an accurate quote before getting started.